When and where
Date: FEB 24-25, 2024
Time: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (HKT)
Trainer: Isabel Leung
Refunds up to 7 days before event
Lean Portfolio Management
Aligning Strategy with Execution using the Scaled Agile Framework
Practitioner Certification Summary
Create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed where all people in the portfolio can effectively execute as one, unified team.
In this two-day REMOTE course, you will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
You will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of the portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. You’ll be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function.
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
- Enterprise architects
- Product managers and solution managers
- Business unit managers
- Program office personnel
- SPCs and enterprise Agile coaches
- Human resources
- Epic Owners
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What you’ll learn
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the importance of LPM
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
- Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
What You Get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee digital workbook
- Certification of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Certifications expire one year from the date of certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: USD 100/year
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- You may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- You may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance
About the Trainer
Isabel Leung, SAFe®Practice Consultant (SPC)
With over 15 years of managing products and projects. Isabel has been an agile practitioner since 2009. Isabel helps organizations on lean-agile startup, building and coaching Agile Team, transform organizations in agile practice and leading team to deliver projects in waterfall, agile or hybrid approach.
Isabel draws on a decade of experience managing large scale products and projects in real estate, airline, social media, tourism, public transportation, telecommunications, human resources, recruitment and Data Network & Infrastructure.
As an SPC, Isabel is passionate about helping organizations create a better environment to deliver value and improve quality by applying agile methodologies and practices in ways that scale effectively.